Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

All in a days work

On the Guild Forum they are running a Winter themed build with a deadline on 2 Jan.  When it was announced I thought it would be a good chance to do some of the Ardennes SS I have.  But the excitement of Christmas (and painting the para supply units and 21 Independent Coy) got the better of me and no more thought was given.

Until this morning when I noticed it again.  As a ribbon was up for grabs - I dug into the lead pile and found one of the wonderful Lamercraft Miniatures sets "Ambush at Poteau".  It is a set of 5 figures based around a famous set of photos, including the one below:


So at 12:35pm I gave three of them a shot of Citadel White and waited patiently for the recommended 2 hour drying time.  35 minutes later had a few base colours on:


It was my first go at doing SS camo so tried out an Oak Leaf pattern (Spring I know - but they would have worn anything they could get their hands on) with Italian camo pants.

Here is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment