Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Big Little aircraft

On the Guild Forum they are running a "Wings" speed build.  The idea is that we build / paint something that has a wings theme prior to 2 January.

So I am building my C-5A Galaxy - in 1/300 scale that is.


I have had these for a few years after getting them for a few dollars off ebay.  I have no idea what I would do with them - but they are big and it is good to have big things.


Not hard to build - just some fitting issues and quite a bit of flash to get rid of.  There was a need for a bit of filler - much more needed on the underside, especially around the tail.


Just to show the size - here it is with a prop that was handy (one of the few left from Christmas Day).  Don't forget this is 1/300th scale.


I built this one with the undecarriage up - just tossing up whether I should try and brave the undercarriage build on the other one.


1 comment:

  1. With out a doubt the best way to display size comparison.

    ReplyDelete